23.2.11

UP

So I went to Ujung Pandang the capital city of South Sulawesi after exactly a year, time really flies, it feels like yesterday.
I love the streets in this town its wider than the streets in my island and its so easy to get around cause everything is so close together.
I'm quite familiar with the streets here. Unfortunately I don't get to see much from this town but I get to taste various kind of delicious culinary here.
I even went to some school to eat their simple but of many kind food.

I took a ride on a pedicab (a traditional vehicle where the driver rides it like a bicycle
and the passenger sit in the front, it holds up to 3 people), it's a lot slower than any normal vehicle.
I expect to be at my grandma's home in ten minutes but it took me almost thirty minutes to get there.
I was on the phone with my sister when at one point she asked "why haven't you arrive?"
Just exactly the right ride to practice your patience lol !
Or is it possible that I gain weight from eating too much food that
the driver couldn't pedal any faster cause I'm too heavy ? Well I hope not !

The other thing that's unique about a pedicab is because its so slow it makes you feel like a fish in aquarium where everyone turns to see what's inside the aquarium. People might stop for bit to see what's inside the pedicab. In this case I feel like a rare fish. But I couldn't care less.

The first days of my stay was extremely fine. I get to meet my mum and my cutie pie sisters and my beautiful cousins and my grandma, I even managed to catch up with some friends.
But I dedicated most of my time for my little sisters Kezia and Kennisa.
I can't seem to keep my hands off Kezia, she's too cute ! And that's also the main reason blogging, tweeting, and texting has sort of taken a back seat.

I don't mind, not the slightest.
Cause you know time is the best gift you could ever give to others especially your loved ones !

I was supposed to stay there for three days but I decided to extend so I can spend more time with my family.
One of the thing that swallowed my time is when I hang out with Kezia, cause
I really have to pay attention to her, take care of her meal, her toys, see when she needs to pee or poo,
but most of the time you can find us cuddling anywhere.
So maybe I was meant to stay there a bit longer so I can learn how to take care of a kid, just maybe.
But eventually a woman should head there one day and I am no exception.

Now that I am home am emotionally exhausted. Physically I am perfectly fine,
I had enough sleep during my stay there unlike my previous visit.
But I always wonder why is it every time I get to the end of my stay in UP I always have a little argue
and I felt a slight of discomfort with my mum and her situation.  

Oh well every family have their own problem.
We are shaped through each and every member of our family, our closest ones that is.
I thank God for every incompatibility, for every problem that occurs
and function as an eye opener, for every friction that sharpen us.

At the end of the day it's your family who will always accept and stand for you through every trial and hardship and to this reason you should keep and stick with them through the thick and thin of life.
Fight for your family if you must and cherish not only their good traits
but you should also embrace their flaws.


PS: Please pardon the quality of the pictures,
       I forgot to bring my camera and took it 
       with my camera phone instead


strange enough but i love airport

the Star in my family
my supermom


Kennisa & Kezia

my beautiful cousins

my cous and my nephew

durian time with jemps

karaoke with little crew as company

Fadil is super hilarious

ride with me in a pedicab :)

baby kez in action
mouth watering dessert, mind you it's durian on top yummm

es pisang ijo, the specialty from South Sulawesi

No comments:

Post a Comment