21.4.11

Superstar or Superficial

"If I am not for myself, then
who will be for me? And 
if not now, when?"
Hillel the Elder (c.60 BC-10 AD)
Jewish scholar and religious leader 







The quote above describes well about how I feel toward myself. I remember since I was very little I refuse to be someone else. 

I admire people’s work and character and yes I draw inspiration from them but there was never a single thought of me following them. I always try to find and leave my own signature in everything I do.

You know that famous question that frequently asked in one too many interview “If you were born again who would you want to become and why?” . I will answer without a single hesitation that I want to be born again as me !

I can’t imagine living as someone else, have a different family, own bigger eyes, strange hair type, and even though I don’t have the most flattering nose of all I wouldn’t change it and risk myself for being somebody else I am not. 

Not  only happy but being myself is my way of showing gratitude toward my gracious Creator (: 

With all my ups and downs, all my irresponsible and ill choices, almost equal amount of smart and silly move, balancing blissful and boring moments, enjoying jubilant and despondent time and making it memorable, I can’t be more pleased. 

Besides why would one wants to be someone they’re not.

I may not be the happiest person on earth but I sure know how to make the most of my life.
I know who I am and I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

I don’t mind any copycat, I can’t help but feel bad for them. Trying to copy everything is tiring. Trying to please others and proof something to let others know what you’re worth is pointless. 

Instead of doing so why not try harder to dig deeper within your already worthy self, you will be surprise by lavish treasures inside and by that you won’t have time to compare yourself with others and end up feeling more frustrated than before. 

There's only one you and me, peculiarly special and superbly precious  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment