18.11.10

Meet Rebe

This is actually the extended story of my post the other day "Are You Converge ?"
If on the previous post I told you about the adventure I had with the boys, today I'm gonna tell you the "adventure" I had with one of the girls from the team.

Meet Rebe one of the coolest, sweetest, and honest girl.
Not only she's as much fun as the boys she's also full of surprises.
She loves rollerblading and riding a scooter, she's also a bold adventurer.

enjoying her favorite hang out spot

We were supposed to watch the sunset at Kudeta but since Rebe just finished surfing and I was caught up at work so we missed it. It's a bit sad I know but luckily the place where she was staying is right in front of the beach.

It was her idea to take different scooter for each person. So I lead the way and she followed behind me.
The whole riding in a different scooter is one thing but to be the one who leads the way when it's normal for you to speed up in a jam-packed road is another different thing !
You see there are mass amount of scooter scatter around the road so I have to ride very slow to make sure she doesn't left behind and I have to look back every now and then to check whether she's right behind me or not.

Rebe looking ever so stylish on her scooter

Suddenly I can feel what parents feel when they watch their child riding their first bike.
They feel worry but happy and proud at the same time knowing their child able to ride the bike.
One extra thing I have from this experience is that I learn to be more patient and that I also practice to put others need before me.

But anyhow Rebe is a fast learner, she did so well in following me and in adjusting with the traffic and other vehicles.
I come to learn the reason why she is capable in handling the traffic situation is that because she just love riding scooter and she loves Indonesia (:

After enjoying a glass of Kudeta's signature hot chocolate and a good time with a nice chat we decided to go home.

chocolate block poured with fresh hot milk equals yummy !

This time I am more confident in leading the way cause I thought we've done it before and we've made it.
But things doesn't always go your way. 
I took another route on our way home, my idea was for her to see a nicer street fill with beautiful shops.
Even at night there was still traffic in that area. And rather than look back I just watch her from my rear view mirror. As long as I get to see the light from her scooter, I know that we're good.
But I was wrong !

After 10-15 minutes riding I realized I lost Rebe.
So I wait for about 10 minutes in the intersection where I believe I lost her, but there was still no sign of her.
I decided to find her in two different road and then go back again to that intersection after stopping or slowing down in every shop or public place along the way hoping that I could find her all to no avail.
And to make it even worse, I hold Rebe's purse which contain her mobile, wallet, and other important things you can ever imagine.

With a little worry and almost desperate I called my sister and my friend, they told me to wait at Rebe's place.
I don't normally worry about things but it's the fact that she's a foreigner who have no clue about my country let alone the rules on the road. I was worried if she gets find and the police charge her with a ridiculous amount of money when she has none to give.

this was taken right before the incident

Still with a puzzle in my head I decided to go home after going another round to find her.
At her place I was waiting for almost an hour but it feels like eternity to me, I tried to read a book and even pray but it doesn't help at all.
My sister text me to let me know that she and her friends are going to have a supper close to where Rebe lives.
While I wast just sitting and telling them about the chronology of the missing Rebe, I feel the urge to look behind me which is the big window overlooking the road. I then saw a glimpse of a red dress which Rebe's wore that day.

I stood to my feet, run and grab my scooter without even realizing I didn't bring the key but luckily my friend grab the key and throw it to my sister who's known as a better driver than me. This is where you learn the importante* of team work.
She was driving fast trying to chase Rebe whom apparently riding it fast and furious.
Thank Jesus because we finally found her stopping at the 24 hours convenient store asking direction from a foreigner guy.
I was like shouting in such a relieve when I saw her, thanking God that she's all safe and sound !

But Rebe constantly surprising me by saying she was enjoying her "lost experience", how she would love to take the opportunity to explore the island and that I didn't know her long enough to know that she will definitely ask people for direction.
But knowing that I'll be worried she decided to cancel her adventure and headed back home instead.

Oh wow what a journey we had.
Is it possible because of that signature hot choco we had or did they put something in our snack ? Not.
It's another memorable thing to cherish in time to come !



Thank you Rebe, you sure brought joy to my life and I am glad to know that you are definitely enjoying your time in the island.
  
Please visit us more often or better yet let's pray for God to cause you to live here :D

*it's just my silly way to exaggerate things when I really mean is importance

No comments:

Post a Comment